Part-time job options at CORS
With our blog post about the possibilities of a second job at CORS, we would like to shed some light on the possibilities of a second job in Germany. After all, it’s not easy to find out about the possibilities and limits of a second job, especially as it always depends on your personal situation.
To make it easier for you to find out what options are available to you, we start from the professional base rather than part time job.
In the following, we would like to show you the special features of the individual part-time job opportunities.
Mini-job on a €520.00 basis
Probably the best known type of part-time contract is the low-pay part-time job on a €538.00 basis, also known as a mini-job. This type of contract is usually chosen when the employee has a main job subject to social security contributions and would like to earn some extra money each month.
- Income: Since 1 January 2024, the additional earnings have been limited to a maximum of €538.00 per month. This does not have to be paid out in full, so you can work fewer hours if you don’t have that much time in a month.
- Taxes: This is a flat-rate tax for the employer. For the employee at CORS, gross is equal to net.
- Working hours: For example, an employee earning €13.80 per hour works an average of 9.75 hours per week, or about 39 hours per month.
- Pension top-up: It is not possible to top up the pension.
In the case of temporary employment, we only employ the employee for a limited period of time. As a result, the employee may work for us for a maximum of 70 days per year or 3 months at any one time. Before and after these 70 days / 3 months, the employee cannot be permanently employed by us.
- Earnings: Depending on the number of hours worked per month.
- Taxes: Employment is taxed at a flat rate. However, you cannot earn more than €150 per day.
- Working hours: Limited to the time agreed in the contract – 70 days per year / 3 months
- Pension top-up: Pension top-up is not possible
If you still have any questions, we have summarised all the details and examples of part-time jobs in Germany here:
1. Possibility – you dont habe a part time job yet
You already have a main job on your tax card, you are doing a ‘voluntary year’ or you are looking for an apprenticeship after leaving school.
For example, you are
- Employee or trainee (including on parental leave or unpaid leave)
- A school leaver intending to start an apprenticeship
- Volunteer/civilian service/military personnel
- Civil servant
- dual study student
Note for pupil ans students
Pupils and students can have both a €538.00 job and short-term employment. However, it should be noted that there is an additional income limit when Bafög is paid out. So if you receive Bafög, you should not earn more than 10,908 euros per year, otherwise the Bafög will be reduced accordingly.
Note for employees with an employment contract on an income tax card
Can support us on a part-time basis at festivals and concerts. For this we would see the part-time job on a 538,00 € basis. With this type of contract, the full number of hours does not have to be agreed, e.g. only 10h/month can be specified. The contract type is still the same. This means that the employee can also have several part-time jobs and can earn a maximum of €538.00 tax-free with all part-time jobs combined.
A short-term employment contract is not an option for employees who already have a permanent job, as they automatically slip into income tax class 6 for these hours.
Note for jobseekers
If you are looking for work and do not have a main job on your income tax card, you may also have a part-time job on a €538.00 basis. Of this, € 165.00 is exempt from deduction.
It is important that the side job is reported to the employment agency immediately without being asked to do so.
We hope we have been able to shed some light on the situation and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about suitable employment at CORS.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading from you.
Your CORS Event und Personal GmbH team